The majority of sunscreens currently on the market are full of questionable ingredients and known carcinogens, and they don't even protect from UV very well! Not only are ingredients in sunscreen able to interact with skin, but data shows that 26 seconds after application of lotions, the same chemicals can be detected in the bloodstream. This enables sunscreens to cause reproductive harm, and also risk of a myriad of disorders including cancer. Most folks utilize sunscreen to reduce the chance of getting cancer. Why would you then apply something that could actually increase this risk, especially on your precious child?
Don't believe me? Check the Environmental Working Group's Sunscreen Guide. They've got the skinny on sunscreens, more than you could ever want to know.
Worry no more! Thinkbaby worked with leading scientists worldwide to create a safe sunscreen you can feel completely comfortable with.
- Broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection
- Safe and convenient for all ages to use, not just babies!
- Very stable under sunlight
- Free of toxic hormone disrupting chemicals. No oxybenzone or avobenzone!
- Rated at the highest level of water resistance - maintains SPF coverage for 80 minutes in the water.
- Received the highest rating from Environmental Working Group's Sunscreen Guide. Top Rated by EWG with a "1" rating in 2010, 2011, and 2012 for Baby, Beach and Sport categories.
- Free of parabens, PABA, phthalates, and 1,4 dioxane.
- High zinc content - no titanium dioxide
- Non-nano formulation – Average particle size >100micron
- Antioxidant vitamins C and E to ward off free radicals caused by sunlight
- Sunscreen produced in the USA
- Applies and absorbs easily despite having such a high zinc content. SPF 50+
- First sunscreen to ever meet Whole Foods Premium Body Care requirements
- Subtle natural scent
- Between the stability of the sunscreen, highest level of water resistance, and high molecular weight, small amounts of the sunscreen go a long way and provide lasting protection.
- FDA Testing lab says, "We have not seen a sunscreen perform with this broad spectrum of UVA / UVB protection"
- A member of the Safe Cosmetics Campaign Compact
- Special 5-layer tube to decrease the possibility of leakage and puncture.
- Featured in: Tennis, Bicycling, Natural Child, Daily Candy (top pick), Men’s Health (top pick), Competitor, Standard, Pharmacy Times, Men’s Journal (top pick), Chicago Tribune, Times Square, The Daily Green, YNN News, Denver News, Triathlete, and 100s of online review sites. Cribsie and Red Hat Product Finalist.
- Travel safe tube size – TSA Compliant - 3 fl oz
- Personal note from Laura to parents:
This is the only sunscreen I have even used on my face that actually CLEARED UP MY ACNE. Whoa. Almost every sunscreen I have used on my face has made me break out, but not Thinkbaby. I won't lie, it doesn't feel light and weightless, it's not for everyday use under makeup or anything. But if you are going to be out in the sun without a hat, swimming, for example, and you're looking for a sunscreen to wear on your face that won't give you a massive breakout while still staying super water-resistant, THIS IS IT. I was in Hawaii on vacation, bad acne from the heat and humidity, and after a day or two of thick Thinkbaby sunscreen applications on my face for paddleboarding, my acne had totally cleared up and my skin looked great. I HEART ZINC OXIDE! Remember, this is the stuff in diaper rash creams, it's very soothing as well as being an excellent sunscreen. Recommend most highly! My fair kids with very sensitive skin love it too.
How to Use
- For use on children younger than 6 months, please consult with a doctor.
- Shake the tube prior to use.
- Rub it in well! This product goes on white and a little streaky at first, but rub it in a little bit and it disappears.
- . Additional applications are recommended every 80 minutes for heavy sweating or water-based activities (although the sunscreen does have the highest level of water resistance, better safe than sorry!)
- I also recommend wearing protective clothing and a UPF 50 Sun Hat while outdoors. No sunscreen can protect your head and face as well as a simple sun hat.
- Avoid getting sunscreen in your eyes.
- If for any reason you have skin irritation, stop use and consult with a doctor. Thinkbaby only uses safe ingredients with no known allergens. But if problems arise with the use of any product, always best to consult with a medical expert.
Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 20% (micronized zinc - no nanoparticles!)
Inactive Ingredients: PURIFIED WATER, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, CAPRIC CAPRYLIC TRIGLYCERIDES, SORBITAN STEARATE (COCONUT BASED), PINE WOOD RESIN, VEGETABLE GLYCERIN, DIMETHICONE, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE (EPSOM SALT), SUNFLOWER OIL, JOJOBA OIL, ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C), TOCOPHEROLS (VITAMIN E), OLIVE OIL, RASPBERRY SEED OIL, CRANBERRY SEED OIL, HYALURONIC ACID (MADE FROM VEGETABLE), PAPAYA
Don't forget your UPF 50 Sun Hat! No sunscreen can protect your head and face as well as a hat. Be smart.
|Thinkbaby SPF 50+ Safe Sunscreen