The majority of sunscreens currently on the market are full of questionable ingredients and known carcinogens, and they don't even protect from UV very well! Not only are ingredients in sunscreen able to interact with skin, but data shows that 26 seconds after application of lotions, the same chemicals can be detected in the bloodstream. This enables sunscreens to cause reproductive harm, and also risk of a myriad of disorders including cancer. Most folks utilize sunscreen to reduce the chance of getting cancer. Why would you then apply something that could actually increase this risk, especially on your precious child?
Don't believe me? Check the Environmental Working Group's 2010 Sunscreen Guide. They've got the skinny on sunscreens, more than you could ever want to know.
Worry no more! Thinkbaby worked with leading scientists worldwide to create a safe sunscreen you can feel completely comfortable with.
- Broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection
- Safe and convenient for all ages to use, not just babies!
- Very stable under sunlight
- Free of hormone disrupting chemicals. No oxybenzone!
- Rated at the highest level of water resistance
- Received the highest rating from Environmental Working Group's 2010 Sunscreen Guide.
- Paraben-free and PABA-free
- High zinc content - no titanium dioxide
- Antioxidant vitamins C and E to ward off free radicals caused by sunlight
- Sunscreen produced in the USA
- Applies incredibly easily and absorbs easily despite having such a high zinc content. SPF 30+
- Only sunscreen to ever meet Whole Foods Premium Body Care requirements
- Subtle natural scent
- Between the stability of the sunscreen, highest level of water resistance, and high molecular weight, small amounts of the sunscreen go a long way and provide lasting protection.
- FDA Testing lab says, "We have not seen a sunscreen perform with this broad spectrum of UVA / UVB protection"
- Includes micronized zinc, does not contain nanoparticles or chemicals utilized for UV absorption
- A member of the Safe Cosmetics Campaign Compact
- Please note that due to the high level of zinc oxide (25%), the sunscreen tubes may not feel completely full. The tubes are all filled with 3oz of sunscreen and do not contain fillers.
- Special 5-layer tube to decrease the possibility of leakage and puncture.
How to Use
- For use on children younger than 6 months, please consult with a doctor.
- Shake the tube prior to use.
- Rub it in well! This product goes on white and a little streaky at first, but rub it in a little bit and it disappears.
- When applying, please note that smaller amounts of this sunscreen will go a long way. Apply approximately 30 minutes to sun exposure. This will also allow the sunscreen to fully absorb and reduce the potential for "whitening"
- . Additional applications are recommended for heavy sweating or water-based activities (although the sunscreen does have the highest level of water resistance, better safe than sorry!)
- I also recommend wearing protective clothing and a UPF 50 Sun Hat while outdoors. No sunscreen can protect your head and face as well as a simple sun hat.
- Avoid getting sunscreen in your eyes.
- If for any reason you have skin irritation, stop use and consult with a doctor. Thinkbaby only uses safe ingredients with no known allergens. But if problems arise with the use of any product, always best to consult with a medical expert.
- Zinc oxide SPF 30+ (non-nano)
- Vegetable glycerin
- Whole leaf aloe vera gel (Aloe barbadensis)
- Avocado oil (Persea gratissmima)
- Wild carrot (Daucus carota)
- Jojoba seed oil (Simmondsia chinensis)
- Olive oil
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
- Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)
- Orange peel wax (Citrus aurantium dulcis)
- Frankincense(Boswellia carteri)
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)
- Cornstarch (Zea mays)
- Carrageenan (sourced from kelp)
Don't forget your UPF 50 Sun Hat! No sunscreen can protect your head and face as well as a hat. Be smart.
|Thinkbaby SPF 30 Safe Sunscreen