You Don't Like It, It Doesn't Fit, You Changed Your Mind, etc.
Hey, I totally understand, I return stuff too. If it's not going to work for you, no problem...I'd rather not have it cluttering up your space and I'd be glad to refund your payment. But there are some rules you have to follow in order to make this fair.
- Product must be received back within 30 (thirty) calendar days of the customer receipt date, with the exception of the gogo Kidz Carseat Travelmate.
The gogo Kidz Carseat Travelmate must be shipped for return within 5 (five) days of receipt in order to receive a full refund. Otherwise a 30-day rental rate of $30 will be charged.
- Product must be in like-new condition in order to receive the full refund.
This goes for all products, but here are some specifics:
Please inspect the carrier and wipe off any spit-up marks or food with a clean, damp cloth. If you tried on the carrier while wearing a fuzzy sweater, please use a lint roller and de-fuzz it. If we have to clean spit-up, food, fuzz or lint from your returned carrier, cleaning fees will be deducted from your refund.
Two rules for hat returns, and you must follow them if you want your money back.
1) Do not fold sunhats across the brim. This can cause permanent damage. You can easily fold the hats in half to fit in a box by tucking the soft back flap under the stiff brim. This achieves the same result without permanently damaging the hat.
2) All hats must be returned in a HARD-SIDED BOX. Hats returned in anything but a box (for example, an envelope or bag) will *not be refunded*. We will simply curse you out.
You can get a free Priority Mail box at the Post Office, or even better, you can re-use the box your hats came in. Hats shipped in envelopes arrive damaged every single time. Notice that we shipped the hat to you in a box, not an envelope. We do that for a reason. If you want a refund, put the hat in a box. Period. Otherwise, don't bother returning it.
Let's review...you will not get a refund for a hat returned in a non-box, and you will not get a refund for a hat with a deformed brim, so please pack your hat *nicely* in a box with lots of space around it, and no folding the brim. OK?
- Product must include all original materials, including manuals and branded packaging.
If these are missing from the return, there will be a replacement fee deducted from the refund amount.
- Please be sure to include the original packing slip (if you still have it) or else a note with your contact information.
Very difficult to give a refund to anonymous returns. I am pretty amazing, but I'm not yet 100% on psychic abilities and knowing who sent me what without any type of note or packing slip included. Also, please let me know what you prefer, a refund or an exchange. If an exchange, what do you want to exchange for?
- If you ordered during a sale period and received FREE SHIPPING for an order over $50, and your returned item/s bring your order total *below* $50, then the actual cost of shipping will be deducted from your return refund.
What? OK, these examples explain it pretty well.
Example 1: You purchase a baby carrier for $139 and a sun hat for $22. Your order total is $161 and your order ships for free. You return the baby carrier and keep the hat. Now your order total drops to $22, so no longer qualifies for free shipping. You receive a refund of $139 for the returned baby carrier - $10 shipping (based on the weight of the returned item) = $129 total refund.
Example 2: You purchase a baby carrier for $139 and a sun hat for $22. Your order total is $161 and your order ships for free. You return the hat and keep the baby carrier. Your order total drops to $139, still qualifies for free shipping. You receive a full refund of $22 for the returned hat.
Make sense? The Portable Baby is me, a mom, working out of my garage for less than minimum wage. I'm not a mega corporation. I'm not Zappos.com. Think of it as a try-on fee.
You get product brought to your doorstep to try on in the privacy of your own home. If you don't like it, you get your money back, but you do pay for the service of having it delivered to you in the first place, that's all. I'm happy to offer free shipping on orders during special sale periods, but if you send something back, I can't absorb the cost of your returned item (which takes time to process, examine, clean, sell used) PLUS the shipping fees. That will put me out of business, and I hope to be here a while.
Uh oh! Product is Defective or Arrived Damaged.
- Any warranty you may have shall be limited to the Manufacturer warranty only. The Portable Baby, Inc. does not provide any product warranties. Manufacturer warranties vary by product, but in general if you have a problem with an item within 90 days of receipt (more on some products) you can expect a replacement.
If you discover a defect at any point, or if your product develops a problem, please let me know ASAP by emailing ask AT theportablebaby.com. That way I can connect you with the manufacturer. I also like to personally keep track of any problems you experience with a product. That information is important for me to know.
While I can't be responsible for the manufacturer's issues or products outside of the coverage of the manufacturer's warranty, I will do my very best to help you out no matter how much time has passed, because that's the kind of nice person I am.
- Please be sure to include the original packing slip (if you still have it) or else a note with your contact information. I can't help you if I don't know who you are. Let me know what you prefer, a refund or an exchange.
What is the Return Address, and How Should I Ship My Returned Item?
The Portable Baby
12714 Camrose Ave.
Saratoga, CA 95070
You can ship the returned item(s) any way you like, just be sure to insure it. If I don't receive the product, I can't give you a refund. I personally recommend UPS or FedEx Ground because they offer tracking and are inexpensive, but USPS Priority Mail or Parcel Post work well also.
Comments or questions about The Portable Baby's return policy?
Copyright © 2005-2013 The Portable Baby. All rights reserved. Do not copy. All products sold by The Portable Baby are used at your own risk. Please read product instructions carefully before use, and observe all safety guidelines.