The Carseat Travelmate converts your carseat into a stroller. It is easier and more convenient to use than anything else on the market. A ratcheting quick-release strap allows the Travelmate to be attached and removed from car seats in just seconds. This product is a definite must-have for parents traveling with small children.
Compare two airplane trips with a 2-year-old and his carseat:
The first trip was WITHOUT the Carseat Travelmate. We dragged our giant Britax Marathon around, along with our other luggage, and it was a huge pain. My son was on my back in his baby carrier, so that part was fine, but we had to rent a $3.00 cart at least twice just to transport the carseat to the check-in counter. My hand hurt, my shoulders hurt, I hated it.
Next trip was WITH the Carseat Travelmate. Instead of carrying the carseat, I strapped the Carseat Travelmate onto the back of it and suddenly I had a fantastic stroller/luggage cart. I threw my carry-on luggage into the now-portable car seat, and getting around the airport was a breeze. On the return trip we were loaded down with boxes, and I put them ALL into the car seat and rolled them right up to the check-in counter. It was unbelievably easy in comparison to our previous flight.
Be sure to check out the new Carseat Travel Bag as well. This protective wheeled bag works fantastically well with all carseats, even fits larger items such as strollers.
If you take your carseat on the plane, the Carseat Travelmate becomes even more useful. There is no need to remove it, you just put the handle down and use the seat belt (get an extender) to secure the carseat. Plus, if you need a stroller at your final destination, you can convert your carseat into a stroller for your trip and avoid bringing both carseat *and* stroller. The gogo Kidz Travelmate strolls the carseat so smoothly, you won't believe it.
- This is the new MINI Travelmate, the latest version of the Carseat Travelmate. Comes pre-assembled with support bar and quick-release ratcheting strap.
- New longer strap fits more carseat models than the previous Travelmate versions. See the current list below.
- Eliminates the need to hand carry, rent or borrow a car seat at your final destination.
- Keeps one hand free.
- Stores flat in the trunk or backseat of the car when not in use.
- Closed Dimensions - 24" H x 15.5" L x 3" W
- Fully Open Dimensions - 42" H x 15.5" L x 3" W
- Handle Height Position One - 24"
- Handle Height Position Two - 36"
- Handle Height Position Three - 42"
- Weight 3.5 lbs.
- Easy mounting.
- Wide wheels provide stability and steer beautifully.
- Sturdy wheels with bearings provide an incredibly smooth ride.
- Easily lifted into shuttles or trams
- Weight limit is the same as car seat manufacturer standard.
- Doesn't interfere with the airplane seat or the safety belt. You do not need to remove the Carseat Travelmate when you have your carseat installed in the airplane seat. I suggest that you ask the flight or gate attendant for the seat belt extender prior to attaching car seat on the plane. The seat belt buckle will connect in the middle of the back of the car seat, and it can be difficult to release the buckle at the end of the flight. Getting an extender will solve this problem.
The following seats have been CONFIRMED TO FIT the GogoKidz Carseat Travelmate
This is not an exhaustive list, it just shows the carseats that have been tested and found to fit. This list will be expanded in the future as more carseats are tested.
ALL Britax 70/G3/XE Series
Triumph & Triumph 65
True Fit Conv. C680 SI
Graco Smart Seat All in One
Snugli 2 in 1 Booster
Don't see your carseat on the list? Call Go-Go Babyz at 1-888-686-2552 for help with compatibility.
| gogo Kidz Mini Carseat Travelmate
The new GogoKidz Mini Carseat Travelmate
The new GogoKidz Mini Carseat Travelmate on a Graco carseat
The new GogoKidz Mini Carseat Travelmate on a Recaro carseat